For carriage & horse
The special trailer
for transporting carriage and horse at the same time.
Xanthos©? Why not, but the carriage needs to come along! So do you have to make the journey twice or organise a second team? Not at all! It is for exactly this situation that we invented the Xanthos© carriage. You can now transport both using a single trailer: Your two horses along with their carriage. This will save you time and fuel. With its sturdy aluminium body, the Xanthos© is one of our most popular horse trailers. Its AluBiComp floor with an 8-mm rubber surface makes it exceedingly durable. In addition, the carriage variant provides a sturdy aluminium frame for its stand rails, which have an adjustable track width. With a total of eight lashing points, you can secure the carriage for a journey without any unpleasant surprises.
The Xanthos ® Carriage horse trailer in detail:
- Solid aluminium basic frame for the carriage with side steps made of aluminium chequer plate in front of the doors.
- 4 pairs of lashing points to secure the load.
Two aluminium stand rails
- for a track width of 650 to 1330 mm
- with hot-dip galvanised steel stand brackets.
- Two aluminium ramps with protective edge, incl. transport bracket on basic frame.
- Optional: Closed surface for carriage extension made of aluminium chequer plate.
- AluBiComp floor, 21 mm thick, with rubber floor, 8 mm thick, glued and sealed.
- Large acess door with 3-point locking.
- Maximum space arrangement for the horses thanks to the sophisticated Humbaur EquiSpace® interior concept. This includes split and padded chest and breech bars, adjustable in height and length, with panic unlocking.
- EquiDrive® Standard longitudinal beam chassis.
- Side walls of double-walled, anodised aluminium profiles.
- The Polyester Roof is available in standard silver or black. Other colours from the RAL pallete are available as accessories (additional charge)
- Polyester Roof with tinted vent windows in a new design, 5 settings.
- Solid, all-round and hot-dip galvanised Frame profile.
- Elegant, hot-dip galvanised rear outrigger with integrated lighting.
- Ramp flap with rubber step and side stop.
- The Humbaur interior lighting creates a pleasant atmosphere in the twilight for horse and human.
- The exclusive Windschott (deflector) offers draft-free ventilation and continuous air circulation.
- Automatic jockey wheel, centrally mounted.
- 13-pin plug with reversing and fog lights.
- Tyres suitable up to 100 km/h.
Xanthos Carriage Standard equipment
- EquiDrive®" chassis"
- Shock absorbers mounted, tyres designed for 60 mph
- Side panels made of double-walled anodised aluminium profiles
- 13-pole plug with reversing and fog light
- AluBiComp floor 21 mm
- 8 mm rubber flooring, bonded and sealed
- Sturdy surrounding frame section (hot-dip galvanised)
- Elegant galvanised tail support with integrated lighting
- Rear ramp with high-grip rubber and sidestop
- Split and padded breast and breeching bars with panic release, height and length adjustable
- New designed, tinted and 5-way adjustable vent windows
- Polyester roof in silver
- Interior lighting and hay net ring
- Exclusive roller wind deflector for draught-free interior ventilation
- Automatic jockey wheel
- 2 standing rails for the carriage, adjustable to track width of the carriage (from 650 mm to 1,330 mm)
- 2 drive-up rails, 2 wheel stop brackets and several tie down eyes
Xanthos Carriage Models
Our design for a pleasant and safe journey
The refined Humbaur EquiSpace® interior ensures the most space possible for horses during transport in the trailer and forms part of the standard models for Balios®, Xanthos®, Zephir® and Notos® as well as their various AERO versions. The roof, which projects forward, offers your horse freedom of movement of the head at ear height. The interior height in this area is about 2300 mm.
The split, padded and moulded breast and breech bars can be individually suspended at three different levels and depths (also new for Pegasus and Maximums models). This allows the stall size in the trailer to be adjusted from pony to large horse. The solid interlock from our older models was kept for safety reasons and due to its popularity.
What can I transport with the Xanthos® Carriage trailer?
The front carriage rack of the Xanthos® Carriage is suitable for a wide variety of carriages.
Up to two draught horses
... can relax in the spacious Xanthos® Carriage horse trailer before and after their assignments.
A Humbaur is well planned
We have also fulfilled the wishes which you can believe nobody can fulfil.